The perfect summer dessert for any occasion, this easy peasy no-hassle, no-bake strawberry coulis cheesecake is sure to make your taste buds tingle.
So here’s how:
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 100g butter, melted
- 1 vanilla pod (2 tsp vanilla extract will work too)
- 600g cream cheese
- 100g icing sugar
- 284ml double cream
For the coulis and topping
- 400g punnet strawberries, halved
- 25g icing sugar
- Line a 20cm loose-bottomed tin with butter (or baking parchment).
- Put the biscuits in a plastic food bag and crush to crumbs with a rolling pin. Transfer the crumbs to a bowl then pour over butter until completely covered. Press them firmly into the bottom of the tin to create an even layer and chill in the fridge for up to 1 hour to set.
- Remove the vanilla seeds and mix into the cream cheese, icing sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Tip in the cream and continue mixing.
- Spoon the cream onto thte biscuit base making sure there are no air bubbles. Smooth the top of the cheesecake and leave to set for 1 hour.
- For the topping, layer half the strawberries in the middle of the cheesecake. For the coulis puree the rest of the strawberries with 25g icing sugar and 1 tsp water then pour over strawberries.