A friend who works in the world of food PR recently sent me a sample of Ndali Organic Vanilla Powder. I had never even heard of the stuff before she told me about it but as soon as I opened the little pot I was blown away by its luxurious, rich and earthy smell.
The vanilla is grown organically by Fairtrade farmers on the Ndali Estate in Western Uganda. This ensures both environmental and economic sustainability whilst enabling the finest quality vanilla to be produced. (Have a peek at this video about Fairtrade vanilla for more info).
The intensity of the taste makes Ndali vanilla perfect for desserts, ice cream and smoothies so I thought I’d first try it out in this extremely simple and super healthy recipe.
Here’s how (makes 4):
- 4 large, ripe bananas
- 300ml whole milk
- 1 tsp Ndali Organic Vanilla Powder
- 6 tbsp full-fat natural or plain yoghurt
- 2 tsp agave nectar (optional, for a sweeter taste)
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth
- Sprinkle some cocoa powder over the top for a perfect finish
That’s all there is to it. Easy-peasy.