These little squares are far from being healthy…in fact they are utterly filthy. The mixture of dark chocolate with pieces of crunchy biscuit and chewy marshmallow make them seriously more-ish – the more the have, the more you want. They are the kind of things you put away in the cupboard promising yourself you’ll only have one and then try to not get caught whilst you sneak back later for two or three more. Don’t worry…it can be our dirty little secret.
So here’s how (makes 24):
- 125g soft butter
- 300g dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids)
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 200g rich tea biscuits
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 2 tsp icing sugar for dusting
- Melt butter, chocolate and syrup over a low heat
- Crush biscuits in a freezer bag using a rolling pin – aim for crumbs and pieces of biscuit
- Take chocolate off heat and stir in biscuits and marshmallows
- Line a tray with baking paper and spread mixture over evenly
- Place in fridge for 2 hours or over night until mixture hardens
- Chop into little squares and dust over with icing sugar
Recipe courtesy of Nigella as featured in Nigella Express.