Everyone seems to be going crazy about cake pops. Although the idea is pretty simple (a morsel of cake coated in chocolate stuck on a lollypop stick) they have become incredibly fashionable. The Pop Bakery is leading the British pack selling to the likes of Topshop and Conde Nast whilst over in the US, it seems Bakerella started the trend with her beautiful cake pops for every occasion. Have a look at her website, its amazing!!!!
So I thought I’d jump on the bandwagon and make some of my own. I used Lorraine Pascale’s incredibly easy Oreo cookie recipe and dipped them in crushed Candy Canes for a more festive feel.
So here’s how: (makes 18-20 lollipops)
- 2 x 154g pack of Oreo cookies
- 150g cream cheese (or Nutella)
- 300g white chocolate
- 2 tbsp crushed candy canes (or any sprinkles you like)
- Blitz Oreo cookies in a food processor until they become fine crumbs
- Mix in cream cheese until it forms a ball
- Using your hands, roll the mixture into equal sized balls and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Melt white chocolate over a low heat (or in the microwave)
- Dip the lollypop sticks into the chocolate and push it into the balls
- Then dip the whole ball into the chocolate and sprinkle over candy cane
I wrapped them up in little bags and tied them with ribbon. Great little gifts for Christmas.